Thursday, December 3, 2009

Can you tell I like this?

Here's a chat with me and the NC LIVE staff. During a call, I decided to ask the NC LIVE folks for help. I went to the NC LIVE homepage, popped the libraryh3lp widget out and chatted with NC LIVE staffperson Leslie while helping the patron.


3:33 me hey folks, this is Phil with a real question
3:33 me do you have time?
3:33 NC LIVE Librarians Hello
3:34 NC LIVE Librarians Sure - what is up?
3:34 me A patron is getting stuck in the redirect to refusa, "hmm for me it just gets stuck on http://nclive.org/infousa_redir.phtml?accountID=0107130750"
3:34 me the quote is from him, the links work for me
3:34 me any ideas?
3:34 NC LIVE Librarians That is a special page - for 2 libraries in the state that purchased additional products from RefUSA
3:35 NC LIVE Librarians They actually have to click "here" to get to the resource
3:35 NC LIVE Librarians Have they done that?
3:35 me ahhh, by here you mean? the word here
3:35 me or the link?
3:35 NC LIVE Librarians The word here is hyperlinked
3:36 me checking with the patron (Looooove this!)
3:36 NC LIVE Librarians And they have to click it - it won't forward them on automatically
3:36 NC LIVE Librarians I can talk to Scott about improving the messaging
3:36 me (waiting on patron to respond)
3:36 me is this Jill?
3:36 NC LIVE Librarians No, Leslie.
3:37 me Hi Leslie and thanks (still waiting on patron. not unusual)
3:37 NC LIVE Librarians What is my display name - perhaps I should check....
3:37 me "NC LIVE Librarians"
3:37 NC LIVE Librarians Ah, I'll change it - I think I assumed everyone saw nclive.leslie...
3:39 me anonymous: Yes but then that page does not work
NC Librarian: can you tell me what URL is at the top of the screen when it doesn't work?
anonymous: nothing is clickable. what do you see on the page when it automatically redirects you?
anonymous: http://www.referenceusa.com/
/>NC Librarian: the URL is http://proxy.nclive.org:2059/
/>NC Librarian: did you enter through a university library ?
anonymous: No
NC Librarian: did you start at nclive.org?
anonymous: yes
3:40 NC LIVE Librarians Okay, I think the issue is that the connection is broken.
3:40 NC LIVE Librarians This was something I thought was fixed. What library are you trying to access through?
3:40 me went in through hickory public
3:41 NC LIVE Librarians Okay. I'll have to contact RefUSA. Do you have an email address I can contact you with later?
3:41 me I'm going to have him try it with the password of the day
3:41 me the link works for me
3:42 me I'll ask for the email
3:43 NC LIVE Librarians Okay - also I had the same problem as a remote user to Hickory's account
3:43 NC LIVE Librarians Password of the day will work for them - if they select a different location...
3:43 NC LIVE Librarians Hickory's account is broken
3:44 me ahh good to know
3:44 me I'm waiting on him to respond but I think it will work
3:44 me I told them to use state library with POTD
3:45 me That works
NC Librarian: great!
NC Librarian: The nclive staff will fix the hickory link
NC Librarian: they have confirmed that it is broken
NC Librarian: anything else?
3:45 me (this is so awesome!)
3:45 me anonymous: That is all. Thank you very much.
NC Librarian: thanks for using NCknows
NC Librarian: bye for now!
3:45 me Thanks Leslie!
3:46 me Say hi to everyone over there
3:46 NC LIVE Librarians Your welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment